Prefered language on the blog

New photos!!

There is all kinds of new photos uploaded now:

http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/Travelgro

Look under the folder "Sailing"

Sunday, October 5, 2008

liten oppdatering

My first day 2 October

I arrived last night with a way too heavy backpack and loads of dirty laundry to a family of four. There farm is just
outside a small village called Huby near York as I told you all earlier. Fiona and Michael - and there are two girls Eilleh
and Cathrina who are 5 and 6 years old. There is also 4 dogs here, China, Oscar, Mimi and Bruno. I got a big room
with a double bed and am very satisfied.

My first day working, Tuesday, I helped Michael. We went all the way to the East coast to sell scrap loads of bullshit.
Among the things was a Rover car that was quite difficult to get on the truck, but then again, what can you not do
with a tractor!?? hehe :) In between the excitement, petrol in Michaels eye and introducing myself to new people I
forgot to take pictures of that, what a shame. Anyways! Went to the scrap place and got payed £240 ish. Maybe I
could become a scraper? What do you say dad?

On the way back we stopped at Ian's because Michael was tired. He offered to drive us home and take along the
pony that Michael just had bought from him. So... The pony is not tame YET, but everybody keeps making jokes
about me breaking it in, so the next couple of days will be interesting. But not to interesting I hope.... Good night friends!

My birthday 4 october

Today was my birthday, as I can see that you all knew. Thank you all for thinking of me on Saturday :) Well, this has
for sure been a birthday I won't forget in a while! Me and Michael went to the the horse marked to sell one of the
horses. Darling "Free Willy" had to go because he's not able to race anymore because of his leg. I have added some
pictures from the marked to give you all a idea of how it was, all I can tell you is that is was different from anything I have
ever seen. And exciting!

After tea (that is dinner now folks, quite confusing in the start. we have tea and tea!) Fiona served the most fairytaley
cake I have ever been given with 21 lights and everything. The girls was all excited and help me blow the candles.
Mum: you still make the best cake, of course, this was just a temporary replacement! Hehe :) I also got one birthday
gift, form Michael, mittens at the market right beside the horses!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi gorgeous!

Your English is really improving, I'm impressed. By the time you get home, you'll have the most delicious UK accent and a smashing vocabulary. Go grrrrl!

Var i Arendal i går, plukket epler til den store gullmedaljen. Masse ny eplesaft her nå... M-m-m. Tilbake i Oslo nå. Skal på Karriere.messe på Blindern i dag, jobbe i morgen, og så begynne å pakke for den deilige Italia-turen. Drar på lørdag, fra Torp.

Gøy å høre om dine eskapader ute i den store verden. hestefarm med en masse hunder høres gøy ut!

Klem J

Anonymous said...

Hei og hå i England! Så hyggelig at det er blitt litt bursdagsfeiring også! Kake og det ene og det andre - på by`n i York! Hils så mye til den hyggelige kake-dama. Mamma på lunchbesøk - i morgen vil hun være med meg å male skapdører i det nye huset. Men så skal hun hjem å ha stort selskap - igjen. Gleder seg masse til California, og vil lære data. Skjønner at hun går glipp av en del. Har tatt utskrift fra bloggen din til henne. Pass på deg, ellers kommer jeg vet du!

Audun Nyhus said...

Ja, nå begynner du å dra på åra. Tar snart igjen meg nå.