Prefered language on the blog

New photos!!

There is all kinds of new photos uploaded now:

http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/Travelgro

Look under the folder "Sailing"

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life in Marbella

I'm enjoying lazy days on the south coast of Spain, that's for sure! A good lunch here, a couple of hours on the beach there, maybe a afternoon nap even:) Yesterday I tried golf for the first time in my life! Petrified I entered the field (or what ever it is called) where people stand in line and practice their shots. I quickly realized that I was the only girl and that made me start freaking out right away. But lets go back a bit first here. I, Gro, know nothing what so ever about golf and therefor had no idea what so ever how this goes down. To be honest I did not expect it to be more than just grab the club and try as best as you can to hit this thing (that being the ball!) For those of you reading this who have some previews understanding on this "game" you have already long time ago understood that I could not be further from the truth. It could not be further from the truth. First of all it should not be called a game but a sport. I was rather exhausted and tired in my back and arms. Secondly I was informed that people spend hours and hours finding to learn how to hold the club right. Thirdly people spend days and days to be able to hit the ball at all some times. Last but not least, people can spend years before they have there first good hit. Ah well! Lets not go further in to that. I decided that this is not something I will be frightened by and my goal for my first half and hour ever playing golf was to hit the ball and make it go strait.

It went like this:
????????????????????!??!!....
....................?..????.....!.?....
... .#)(/%..---::;_("/&%.......Yes!
............................................
........SHIT..........!?........!!.......
- break for 5 min -
...... Jepp! NO?... Okay...........
//&"¤)......(/&%.......................
DONE!

A couple of good ones and less bad ones then I had expected! The ball went the right way when I managed to hit it and I walked away happy in the end! All in all a good introduction to golf :)

1 comment:

HMN said...

Det høres ut som om du har gode dager i Marbella - seiling og strandliv høres ikke akkurat ille ut - for oss som fortsatt kaver i restene av vinteren. Nåvel - det er nydelige vårdager her nå og slettes ikke så ille. Og så gleder vi oss veldig til du kommer til Norge igjen!