Prefered language on the blog

New photos!!

There is all kinds of new photos uploaded now:

http://s436.photobucket.com/albums/qq81/Travelgro

Look under the folder "Sailing"

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Still blogging :D

Malaga is really nice! I'm still staying in this hostel, longest I have ever stayed in one place i think... Anyways! Yesterday this girls from Poland had her birthday and so we had a small celebration. We (me and a room mate) decided to make a cake, which turned out to be a huge success. She was very grateful and happy and that really made my day! This is pictures from the celebration.






The hostel is well organised and such a nice staff, there is a free breakfast and every night dinner for 5 euros. Yesterday it was rice with seafood, tasted great. The day
before the polish girl made a traditional polish dish called "Bigos" made for cabbage, mushroom, carrot and two types of meat. I was also asked if I wanted to make something but turned it down kindly :) What to make from Norway that people would like? And also a dish where I could actually find all the ingredients.. And to a reasonable price. Well, I decided that this was to much work and so I have to save this project for another time.

Yesterday, me and my room mate Mark went with his rented car to Marbella. In my rough guide it is described as Costa Del Sole's most stylish resort, expensive and occupied by Italian and Russian mafia bosses. I find the mafia part intriguing, the rest not so much. It's is a typical place I tend to avoid, full of tacky tourists. Sadly but painfully true the Norwegian people contribute to this quite strong as well and so it makes me just want to get out of there as fast as possible. After a some hours we returned back to reality and Malaga.

Today, I had another go for the beach, but it is a bit to cold still, no tan made but of course a lot of freckles :) To night we are going flamenco hunting and then somewhere to dance salsa so this should be a good night. Maybe pictures will appear here, maybe not :D

So, tomorrow I will go sailing for the week and so there will be no update on the blog, but I will update when I return to mainland! I will take a bus from Malaga to the border tomorrow and then walk across to Gibraltar. I am very excited about the whole experience and what tomorrow will bring :)

2 comments:

HMN said...

Hei og hå - dette er bra! Fint med oppdatering nå - her er lørdagsselskapet på hell - Maja og Terje er fortsatt med oss - resten har gått. Og nå har vi sunget "Elva ront" og det som værre er (Reinert med beinet). God seilas - vi gleder oss med deg og til å få deg hjem i god behold!
HMN

Anonymous said...

Du er sikkert på bøljane blå når jeg skriver dette... Men åkkesom, takk for gøye oppdateringer!!

HMN, takkskarrufa'anmegha, nå kverner "Elva ront" i hodet mitt... Blir sikkert ikke kvitt den før om flere dager. Aaaaagh!!!

I går var jeg på nytt, fabelaktig arrangement på operataket. "Carmen" på storskjerm, sendt direkte fra storscenen innenfor. Bakken opp til taket fungerte som sitteplasser, og det var kaldt men utrolig gøy. Vi stilte med nykjøpte fleecepledd og godt humør, og de på scenen sang hjertet sitt ut. Og det var gratis! Klager ikke da, vettu.

Sjekka!
http://www.operaen.no/Default.aspx?ID=27269


Klem